Did you know that vacuum excavation is also known as non-destructive digging? The technique is known throughout the industry as being the safest and most efficient way to expose or excavate the underground utilities, but what are the benefits of non-destructive digging?
Using a vacuum excavator as your chosen method of non-destructive digging will assist in the complexity of installing or uncovering underground services. If utilities such as electricity cables, telecommunication cables and sewer lines are damaged, this can be particularly costly and can also add on time or delay a project.
The Popular, Chosen Method of NDD
Vacuum excavation is a popular method for maintenance, installations and repairs for companies within the construction, civil engineering and utility industry. It is an effective method for projects such as trenching, traffic light installation, street light maintenance and much more.
What are the benefits of non-destructive digging?
- Non-destructive digging is the safest method of excavation for excavating and exposing the underground that is full of gas, water and electricity lines which may be poorly mapped out. If companies use traditional excavation methods such as hand digging or traditional excavators, there is a stronger chance that the site workers and property will be put at risk, due to potential service strikes.
- Due to the lower risk of underground utility damage, the cost of hiring a vacuum excavator can be a little bit more than hiring a team of labourers to hand dig. However, with the price comes to the reassurance that a service strike is less likely to occur, which would disrupt thousands of people by damaging any underground utility. With this type of error occurring, it can have the potential to delay the project and cause extra costs for the team. Vacuum excavation is the number one choice as our team only requires one excavator which handles the entire project and therefore, saves on labour costs.
- Vacuum excavation is known to be the most environmentally friendly way of excavating the ground and our excavators are fully equipped to safely remove all types of debris.
- By using a mechanical digger, companies are prone to more accidents, which includes the potential damage to the utilities. Through the use of an excavator, a small ‘surgical’ opening is used to begin the process and the vacuum element will remove dirt and then the utilities are safely exposed without any damage.
- Speed is everything! It is vital to identify the location of the underground utilities before any project commences (no matter how big or small).
The CSE operatives are competent and qualified workers who operate our NDD equipment and machinery with great emphasis on both efficiency and safety. If you are looking for a trusting vacuum excavation company, please contact the CSE team through our contact form or on 0118 332 0002.